Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Hard Work



For the last few months, my living room has been my little pet project. With some guidance and help, this is what it looks like now.

















At this time, I would like to thank my sister-in-law, Jennifer, for spending hours in Tai Pan helping me design and arrange the floral centerpiece for my long dining room table.


And a really big thank you to my friend, Michelle, in Chicago, for all of the many e-mails and phone conversations regarding these drapes. She took a picture of this type of drape at the Parade of Homes, then patiently talked me through how to make them and how much fabric I'd need. Actually, I think she had to walk me through it a couple of times before I had it all down. But, as you can see, it was all worth it. The drapes are gorgeous and the pictures really don't do it justice. Thanks a million, Michelle! Hope I did you proud!

6 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Mel - your room looks Awesome and your curtains especially are beatiful - you din't need to Thank me - I did nothing really. - anytime you want me to help you spend money I'm happy to help!

jenniho ♥ said...

Melissa - I also love the new look of your Blog. It cracks me up that your blog is always candy - I look at it when need a sugar fix.

The Dudley Bunch said...

Your house looks beautiful Melissa...good job. I am glad to see you are back on the blogging, I was starting to wonder what happened to you!

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

I love your curtains. It looks like you put quite a bit of work into it. I'm going to make curtains for my kitchen-my VT companion is going to help me make them. I'll post them when they are done.

mama becky said...

Your drapes turned out well. Worth every penny you spent on those great sewing machines of yours. Also takes talent which Melissa has tons of, very proud of your efforts in your new home. Also Monte, the tie back wood knobs look great!!!!

cyndi/mom/nana said...

You did a great job on your living room. I don't know exactly what it looked like before but it sure looks great now. I especially love that when you click on the picture you can see a closer view of it. Love the colors.