Saturday, November 8, 2008

A QUICK GETAWAY!

At the beginning of October, Monte and I went to San Antonio for a relaxing long weekend without the kids (thanks Mom & Jenn). It felt like I was dating Monte again! He made all the plans and arrangements. The first night, we stayed at the historic Drury Plaza Hotel. It's in an old, historic buildings in downtown San Antonio that was previously a bank. This picture was taken on the rooftop where the swimming pools are, plus you can see all of downtown. It was very cool to walk around the building and see the changes they had made, in order to make it a hotel. And talk about pampered, our room had an awesome bathroom with a huge 2 person jetted tub and very hot water! Yep, loved that hotel!

That evening we went to the spindle where we were going to have dinner. Downstairs in the lobby was this "longhorn". I couldn't resist, and Monte was a good sport for letting me take his picture! Ride 'Em Cowboy!
For dinner, Monte took me to the Catch House, which is the revolving restaurant at the top of the spindle. It was great food, for the most part, but the dessert...mmm! If you are ever there, order the lava cake made with Godiva chocolate. It's to die for!
The next night, we drove to Austin for a night's stay and entertainment. Monte took me to this great little place in downtown Austin called, Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. It was so much fun! These guys new every song under the sun and could make up funny lyrics to any tune! We had a great time that night!
The next day we drove back to San Antonio and went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and rode every roller coaster they had, and then some! Our last day was split between watching the football games in our hotel room and going to Chili's to watch the games and eat chips and queso. I also got my favorite, Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert! :-) My Hunny really spoiled me! Thanks for such a romantic and fun weekend, Monte! I love you!

0 comments: