Friday, July 18, 2008

Blast From The Past!


This is my famous friend from Chicago, Michelle. She's famous because I introduced her to the world in my blog about my curtains. Yes, this is my friend who spent a lot of time and effort to find me the right kind of curtain to make for my living room. She was up at Bear Lake, Utah for a family reunion, so we decided to hook up in Logan to see each other. Michelle and I used to live close to each other in Corpus Christi, until she moved to Chicago in 2003 (I think). She helped me with a lot of sewing projects, back in the day. I actually owe all my serging skills to her, since she's the one who first introduced me to the magic of "The Serger".



The last time we saw each other was in 2006, when we hooked up in San Antonio. It's amazing to see how our families have changed over the years. Rachel is her oldest daughter (standing next to her), Meagan (standing in front of her) is the same age as Madison, Natalie (doing bunny ears to Maddie) is the same age as Markie, and Owen is her youngest. I still remember when Owen was born and I accused her of copying me! 3 girls and then the boy! Speaking of boys, Jimmy was with us, but he was too busy playing by the creek to come and pose for pictures. Rob (Michelle's husband), was there as well, but hey, somebody had to take the picture! Thanks Rob!

Markie and Natalie, really kind of hit it off. You would have thought that they had been friends for years, instead of just meeting each other today!










The girls were begging to do a silly picture, so here it is! Looks like Madison got Natalie back with the bunny ears!

2 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Hey Melissa - you look skinny...have you lost weight? We need to start a soloslim blog!

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

You look so good in these pictures!