Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meet Me Underneath That Big Montana Sky!




So, it was finally the Tanner Family's turn to spend a weekend up at Whitefish. This is one of my very favorite parts of summer! I love to drive up and spend time with the Bendheim family. Yes, they usually live in California, with the exception of summer, when they happily reside in Whitefish, Montana. This year we had a special treat since all four of the Bendheim cousins were there, Tanner, Redge, Robin, and Brooke! This is the "cabin" Bear Brook - the front, the back, and the view from the back. It truly doesn't get any better than this!

We had fun Growling Like A Grizzly...

Loving On Lucy...

Talking With Tanner...

Posing On The Paddle Boat

Jetting On The Jet Ski...

Lounging In The Lake...

And Jumping In The Jacuzzi!

Here is the whole gang... (back row)Redge, Todd, Uncle Peter, "Big" Tanner, Jim, Brandon, Tiffany, Robin, (middle row) "Lil" Tanner, Jennifer, Aunt Debra, Brooke, Becky, (kids up front) Joshua, Macy, Markie, Reagan, and Madison.
And For The Finale...


Last year I tried Wakeboarding, but was unsuccessful. This year, I talked Tanner (who as you'll see below is an expert) into taking me out on the boat one night and helping me learn to wakeboard. Well, here is a video of my first try! I was so excited to get up so quickly that I wasn't sure what to do!

This was about my sixth try at wakeboarding and it was my longest time staying up. Many thanks to Tiffany, my sister-in-law, who captured these shining moments for me! And a HUGE THANK YOU to Tanner, for helping me accomplish my goal this year at Whitefish. Next year you'll have to teach me to do something with the board once I'm up!
In Honor Of My Teacher (and Hero)...

Here's Tanner entertaining the little kids, who were in the back of the boat yelling "Flip Tanner, Flip!" Sorry I'm not a better videographer!

2 comments:

David and Teresa said...

OK we are jealous. That is such a pretty place. You did really well wave boarding. Way to go. David

jenniho ♥ said...

Good Job Mel - only problem is we weren't in the boat to cheer for you!